Upon the student’s confirmation that the proposed practicum Site is located on the MACP Practicum Portal Site Locator, and the proposed Supervisor has either submitted the Supervisor Application (and required documentation) or, has confirmed with the Field Training Department that the Supervisor is already approved, then the student conducts the following steps:
- Browse the Site Locator on the MACP Practicum Portal for potential practicum sites. Review the MACP Student Practicum Manual for other ways to search for practicum sites.
- Contact the Site and complete their process for acceptance as a practicum student.
- Obtain the start date with your Site (remember the start date must be the first date of the University term you begin Practicum).
- Once accepted by the Site, then the student should confirm if the Supervisor has already completed a Supervisor Application form on the MACP Practicum Portal (since Portal launch in early 2021). If the answer is no by the supervisor, then relay the above listed steps to the Supervisor for them to take.
- Once the student is accepted by the Site, then the student should request the Site to provide you with a letter (or email) that includes the name of the site and contact information and verifies that you have been accepted as a practicum student at the site.
- Next, the student sends the Site and Supervisor an email to confirm student’s acceptance at the site. This proves the student has been accepted. Use the downloadable email template (link here) to send to site and supervisor. Save a copy or screenshot of the confirmation email to submit as part of your Student Practicum Application.
- Lastly, students complete and submit the Student Practicum Application. Attach copy of the confirmation email. This last step, submitting the Student Practicum Application, should not be submitted until all other steps have been completed. The student will receive an Auto-Reply message when the application has been successfully submitted (this does not denote approval, just receipt of submission).
- For change of site. Review the process explained in the Student Practicum Application section.